Thursday, July 13, 2006

Peach Pustules

You know what I hate? When I'm eating a peach and I find an embryo sac in it.

Check it:


I know. It's gross. What is it, seriously? Whatever it is, I'm thinking we could make some serious scientific progress using this fuzzy little guy if Bush would just change his stance on stem cell research.

Or maybe it's not embryonic afterall. Maybe it's a larvae of some sort. A yet-undiscovered species of the caterpillar genus. Persicum cattus, or "Peach Caterpillar."

Or perhaps it's a peach pustule. Like, there was an infectuous outbreak on the peach farm and Farmer Ned injected antibiotics into all the peaches, but this little fella was hiding behind a giant leaf because he hates shots.

Or maybe it's of a phlegm origin. Perhaps a peach with a cold. Or chronic asthma.

Or perhaps it's the remnants of the one-night stand this peach had with her cute next-branch neighbor.

Or maybe the peach was lactating. Sad to think her baby peach is still hanging on the vine, probably starving.

I guess we'll never know...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the center of a peach should always look like a small, cold, redish, scrotum. It should also remove easily from the peach flesh. Any other construction deep inside the peach is suspect if you ask me.

andrea said...

Eeew! Please tell me you did NOT eat that peach!! Disgusting!!

Anonymous said...

I will never eat another peach as long as I live...