Friday, July 21, 2006

Go Tarts

You know what I hate? Food designed for miniature people. Food like Tic-Tac's and grapenuts and McDonald's small fries. Things you could picture Emmanuel Lewis or Verne Troyer eating.

Especially when it comes to fatty and greasy garbage. If I'm gonna clog my arteries and increase my latitudinal spread (i.e. fat ass), I damned well want to do it with some substance! Extra large. Super sized. Bell Grande. That's what I'm talkin' bout.

Sunflower seeds? Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much work. Mini M&M's? I let them melt together then eat them as a single fused cylinder. Chiclets? I pop 7/8 of the pack just to blow a 1-inch bubble! Sissy food. All of it!

Which brings to mind this new "venture" from Kelloggs. They're called "Go Tarts." They're about the size of my big toe. For breakfast, I need the entire box of 10. It would be cheaper for me to have the buffet at The Pointe.



Go-Tarts, though, you have to admit, are a genius concept. I mean, come on, you can now eat your "pop tart" "on the go." Wow! No more using up your grandma's good china and silver cutlery to serve up the traditional Pop Tart. Now that's progress. I'm surprised it took them this long to think of it. A pop tart that you can take with you. Pioneers, those Kellogg's folks. Damn; they're good.

4 comments:

Max and Me said...

i kinda like tiny food. remember those burger buddies...were they called..from burger king?

Vicki Stockton said...

Pie -- heh heh, har har. Totally true about the 'Fun Size.' What are they thinkin'?

Gentleman -- welcome!

Meander -- you're thin. It makes sense. Thin people always like small food. I'm all about volume. Never heard of a Burger Buddy, but I've heard of the double whopper!

Anonymous said...

You know that innovation is the backbone of our way of life. Since we believe in "free trade" we are obviously more innovative than any other country, afterall we trade "freely" and we are richer! GBA.

Anonymous said...

not to mention, the moment you go to take a bite, the entire thing crumbles into fifty pieces.