Saturday, July 15, 2006

1980s Victorian -- my favorite era!

You know what I hate? False advertising designed to "draw you in". Like I'm stupid enough to buy something after I've been duped. Come on.

I like to check Craig's List on a daily basis for good deals on antique furniture and shit. The other day, I saw a listing for a Victorian couch -- for only $45!!! I pictured myself lounging bare-legged across the cool smoothness of the satin brocade fabric, admiring the hand-carved wooden legs, marveling at the immaculate piping around the perimeter of this fabulous 19th century gem.

I didn't picture myself with a mouth full of Fritos 'n bean dip, holding a Coors Light while watching the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yet that would be more-than appropriate given what the couch really looked like when the "teaser" was clicked and a photo revealed.









1980's-era La-Z-Boy. 1800's Victorian. It's all the same....


to this moron!


There's 20 seconds of my life I'll never get back. Thanks dude.

4 comments:

Itchy said...

That bean dip sounded good...

Anonymous said...

what a lovely piece of furniture...

Anonymous said...

Are people really so dumb as to believe someone will buy that sofa as Victorian?

Anonymous said...

I think the couch would go well with the whole neo-nazi culture you are extablishing in you house. When are you moving to Montana? It will fit in perfectly in your Jetstream trailer.