Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The runs

You know what I hate? Food that gives me the runs. But you know what I hate even more? Food that already IS the runs. Case in point: the new "Whips" yogurt by Yoplait.


No, I'm not kidding. This is, indeed, edible. At least that's what the container said. I personally don't dine on anything that looks like it came out my dog's ass after said dog consumed a half disintegrated roof rat and 4 cat turds from the litter box. However, apparently, some people are buying this crap by the flats.

You might be wondering why the hell I bought this if it's so gross. The answer: clever advertisting. Look at the container. I mean, it represents this fecalish mess in such an innocent, if not downright mouth-watering, way. I mean, look at how "Whips" is all frilly and cursive. I would use that type of font to describe something good and tasty. Unfortunately, that's not the type of font I would use to describe assgurt. Yes, I was duped.

My husband and I had a slight disagreement about the origins of this product. While I thought it seemed very scattish in nature, he thought it looked like brain matter. Unfortunately, being a cop, he's seen his share of brain matter. We had a slight tiff over what the yogurt most resembled. In the end, we decided it didn't really matter. Brain dumplins or frothy feces -- either way it was NOT going to be eaten in our house.

6 comments:

andrea said...

Here's a random fact for you...that very yogurt was being handed out at last year's "race for the cure" finish line...and people were ralphing it up left and right. Lucky us...we were part of the cleanup crew afterwards. I don't know how this "'crap" is still on the market!!

Vicki Stockton said...

Andrea -- they really MUST figure a way to make it look more appetizing. I'd start by removing the element that makes it "dark and foamy".

Itchy said...

It looks green! And gross. Which is my basic opinion of yogurt anyway. But...ew.

What's funny is I'm listening to a song called Nausea at this very moment. My iPod...it is wise.

Vicki Stockton said...

Itchy -- I've heard of mood rings, but not mood ipods. You're pretty lucky.

Anonymous said...

I think the real problem was pouring that stuff out. I think you have to eat is one spoonful at a time and don't look. It is chocolate and people will eat anything chocolate! LC

Marc Schoenfeld said...

That is horrendous. Maybe they can bill it as a weight loss food because eating it (and looking at it) makes you disgusted to eat anything else for the rest of the day. I fear any possible chances of a career as a food advertising photographer is now in jeopardy for you.