Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Wimpy Fortune

You know what I hate? Wishy-washy fortunes. I like fortunes that go for broke. Fortunes like, "you will get rich TONIGHT!" or "You will meet someone special" or "If fortunes don't work, then why are you reading this?" -- you know, fortunes you can actually sink your teeth into. Fortunes that perhaps, on a day when you're feeling blue, might provide you with some hope. Fortunes that are THE OPPOSITE of the little wussy one I pulled out of my cookie the other day:

"You should do well at making money?" Tell me something I don't know. Of course I should. Everyone should. You're supposed to tell me that I will, stupid-ass wimp fortune! Since when did fortunes start pussing out on us? I suspect a lawyer is somehow involved. Maybe someone sued the Peking Noodle Co for false advertising. I think it STINKS! I want a fortune that is strong, empassioned, unyielding and a little ballsy. I DON'T want a fortune that is a feeble, non-committal, lily-livered diplomat. I have a president who fulfills those needs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok then, here is your fortune: You will not make much, and what you do make, you will fritter away. You will spend the rest of your life putting up with corporate politics, and when you all haggard and spent, you will live on 900 a month until the State auctions off your house to pay for your resthome fees. Soon after, you will pass away, and your grand children will auction off all your belongings for 800 dollars.

Marc Schoenfeld said...

I agree; you paid your $5 for chow mein in part of get some specific information to guide you. I also think there needs to be some bad fortunes thrown in so you appreciate the good ones more. Nothing too bad to depress you after the meal, but something like "You will pass a smelly bum today; breathe out of your mouth".