Friday, June 02, 2006

Magical Washing Machine

You know what I hate? My magical powers. I actually didn't know that I was a sooth-saying wizard until yesterday. I performed the master of all magic tricks: I placed 20-or-so items into my washing machine, sprinkled in some Tide and a little abra-cadabra, and within a half hour, this super-sized load had morphed into a single item! Eat your heart out, David Copperfield!

Scroll down to see the results of this reality-defying act of hocus-pocus...





















Okay, so it's not magic after all, but rather a very, very over-zealous washing machine. What the hell? It's going to take me a month to unravel this mess. I could solve the rubik's cube faster than I could untangle this "puzzle."

That's my oldest daughter holding up the bewitching concoction of expoded pillow, various running shoes, backpacks and some other items that I'll find "in the core" as the month progresses.

Here's a tighter shot of the laundry cyclone after I liberated a single Adidas. He'll be reunited with his right-sided brother sometime in July, according to my calculations.



I'm not sure if these pictures do this thing justice. Here's an even closer shot into the eye of the storm.

God only knows what's in there. The good news is that if Anarchy ever breaks out, I have a washing machine that can create for me the perfect A-bomb!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki, You are truly a wizard. In all my 40+ years of doing laundry I have never seen such a clothes jumble. You make me green with envy.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Tony. What made you think you could throw in a pillow, tennis shoes, and backpacks in the same load?

Vicki Stockton said...

Doesn't everyone wash their pillows and tennies together? It's like, you do all the laundry, then there's a few "miscellaneous" items left on the garage floor, so you just toss them in together! Made sense to me.

Anonymous said...

What did you wash your hammock, and every show lace in your house???